Full-Time Mental Health Support worker. 15.000 per annum.
Purpose of the Position:
To work as part of a team providing care and support to individuals within their own home, based on the ordinary life principles of choice, competence, community participation, and respect and community presence.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1.To develop and maintain the skills of the service user by encouraging and involving them in day to day activities, participating in service users’ chosen activities and enhancing community networks.
2.To facilitate and support the person to make all decisions affecting their life.
3.To contribute to, implement and monitor service user’s support agreement in consultation with the service user.
4.To support the service user maintain their health and general well being.
5.To support the service user with personal care as required.
6.To carry out household duties, in a way that involves the person as much as possible.
7.To administer medication according to procedure.
8.To support the service user with the management of their personal finances and in accordance with the service procedure.
9.To support the service user to plan social activities and holidays and to accompany the service user when required.
- To assist in the general administration of the service, including updating daily diaries, communication book, incident/accident forms etc.
- To communicate effectively with outside agencies, professionals, relatives etc as required.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures and to assist in developing, monitoring and implementing them.
- To receive regular formal supervision and undertake training as required, and to contribute towards the induction of new staff members.
- To proactively support the person to maintain and develop friendships with others in their community.
- To actively support person centred approaches within the service.
This job description outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the post holder. The post may include other duties and responsibilities not specified here. It is also likely that changes may be required from time to time.