Full-Time Technical Accounting Manager
Our client, an International Technology and IT services company requires a Technical Accounting Manager- UK & Ireland responsible for the central finance functions. Reporting to the UK Financial Controller, this is a pivotal role. Responsibilities will include:
• Addressing complex accounting issues as these affect the Group’s reporting of performance and strategic direction;
• Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring no surprises; • Preparing and presenting technical updates to the wider Business Finance and Commercial teams;
• Working with Corporate and Commercial Finance to ensure impact of new standards assessed, implementation plans produced, impacts on Group Accounting Policies and business performance reporting are understood;
• Working with Commercial Finance to ensure appropriate technical accounting treatments are being included in major project bidding activity;
• Interpreting the Group IFRS Accounting Group reporting definitions to ensure that UK application is compliant and relevant;
You will understand the implications of decisions and actions on overall business profitability, annual preparation and review of local UK GAAP financial statements and influencing decisions on accounting treatment ensuring compliance with IFRS particularly around the areas of revenue recognition, pension accounting, business combinations, hedge accounting, accounting for tangibles and intangibles. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills (communication and influencing – ability to deal with people at all levels and from all backgrounds), together with the tenacity and the ability to problem solve creatively. You will be a qualified accountant with a strong technical background.