Full-Time Head of Contracts & Supplier Management
Spring Technology are looking for a Head of Contracts & Supplier Management for our public sector client based in London.
– This is an opportunity for an experienced professional with a wide range of experience in Contract and Supplier Management of service providers to quickly add significant value.
– Working to the Head of Commercial the role holder will initiate a professional Contract and Supplier Management regime
– Draft and implement a Contract Management methodology and identify appropriate ownership
– Continue to develop the Contracts Database and central filing system
– Prepare the Contract Management function for a satisfactory follow up audit in August 2014
– Make appropriate proposals for an effective value add relationship in harmony with the Service Delivery Managers
– Delivery of appropriate CM performance from existing suppliers/contracts throughout the organisation
– Auditing and subsequently ensuring the benefits articulated in current and future Business Cases are delivered and reported upon
– To work very closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure that activity is consistent with Departmental and wider Government policies and priorities, and show excellent influencing skills, and evidence of working across business areas to deliver innovative and effective customer-centric solutions
– Transfer skills to others, within the team and the business – building capability across the business to include drafting procedure
– Demonstrable evidence of experience of delivering a Contract and Supplier Management methodology and service within both a public and private sector background
– Strong evidence of developing and using MI to develop strategies, measures, products and services to achieve optimum business outcomes.
– Excellent customer service/stakeholder management, influencing, written and verbal communication skills
– Proven track record of excellence of turning around a Contract and Supplier Management regime from an administrative function into a value add strategic offering.
– Demonstrable cost saving achievements
– Ability to lead, manage, facilitate an intelligent but inexperienced customer base
– Considerable experience of identifying and initiating projects through to implementation
– Experience of working within a Shared Service environment would be useful
– MCIPS qualified
Supplier Management, Procurement, Shared Service Centre, MCIPS
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.