Temporary Project Manager – Information Management
The IM Project Manager is a member of the IM Project Delivery team and is jointly responsible for meeting the team’s overall objectives and leading the shared focus within IM to deliver customer satisfaction across IM project management services.
The role holder is responsible for planning and managing a variety projects and works ensuring that each project meets the agreed objectives, timescales, standard of quality and cost constraints and enables the planned business outcome and sustainable business benefit. The role holder supports the IM Portfolio/ Programme manager to ensure that solutions are resilient, fit for purpose and supportable – capable of meeting the requirements of the IM service model.
The role holder is accountable for meeting their team objectives, demonstrating a leadership style that fosters a customer service culture across IM and collaborating with colleagues within, and outside the IM organisation in a manner that builds and sustains strong senior-level partnerships and ways of working between IM and other departments. The role holder must embrace and consistently demonstrate key behaviours; being accountable, getting the right things done efficiently, working collaboratively to do it, directly, fairly and consistently.
Practical skills that are required to do the role:
* Identifying project goals and objectives, motivating and leading others towards their achievement through the adoption of appropriate behaviours;
* Proven ability to influence at a senior management level, e.g. experience of presenting papers, reviewing delivery performance and enabling business change through IM delivery;
* Proven ability to manage the interactions between vendors, delivery teams and business sponsors necessary to successfully deliver IM projects that enable the expected business benefit; and
* Proficient in risk management methods and techniques for the assessment and management of IM and business risk.
* Has worked within the IM industry in a project management role and working with business managers to enable business benefit through IM service delivery;
* Proven experience of managing a small group (<10) of highly skilled business and IS/IT professionals to deliver project and change management in a complex, multi-site, preferably public service organisation; and
* Proven experience of supporting a customer-focused service culture within an IM department and enabling people development towards this objective.
All Aplications must be made by 9th July 2014. To apply, please click on the link below
ThanksAdvantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.